Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill backs major fundraising appeal
Jessica Ennis-Hill is backing an appeal to raise half a million pounds to improve facilities at Weston Park Hospital in Sheffield. Weston Park Cancer Charity is working in partnership with the NHS to deliver huge improvements to inpatient facilities which will benefit thousands of cancer patients and their families each year.
Over the next 3 years as many as 10,500 people will be treated for cancer on the wards at Weston Park Hospital. The NHS will of course meet the cost of delivering cancer treatment and care for these patients.
Your support will help us provide:
- Circadian lighting on the inpatient wards which mirrors natural day and night rhythms and has been proven to facilitate sleep and rest, allowing patients to get a much better night’s sleep.
- Comfortable recliner chairs for use by visiting relatives who often spend long periods of time at a patient’s bedside - also for use by patients so they can sit comfortably out of bed.
- Installation of wifi across the wards greatly improving patient communication and entertainment facilities.
- Smart TVs which provide a wider range of entertainment and allow patients to communicate with loved ones via video link.
- Enhancements to decoration and funding of artwork to improve environment and patient wellbeing.
- Improved day room facilities so patients and their families have an activity area away from the ward - this will include facilities for children visiting.