Fundraising Hints & Tips
Below are some general hints and tips which may help you as part of your fundraising:
Free Online Sponsorship Webpage
Online sponsorship pages are a fantatsic way to get support. You can set one up for free and then email your friends, family and colleagues a link to your page where they can sponsor you. The pages are quick and easy to set up and people can sponsor you online anytime of the day or night! The system will even also add Gift Aid where appropriate, further increasing your total!
- Ask your employer if they will match what you raise before you start fundraising.
- Give your friends and family a sponsorship form and ask them to raise sponsorship on your behalf.
- Display a collection box in your place of work - we can provide these for you.
Letter of Recognition
- We can issue you with a Letter of Recognition which allows people too see you are a genuine and legitimate fundraiser for the Cancer Charity.
- This letter will contain details of your fundraising event, your name and address, the period over which you are raising funds and how and with whom.
- To obtain a letter of recognition please contact us.
- We are happy to take a photograph of you presenting the money you have raised to a member of our fundraising team.
- Where possible we try to feature the photo on our website or in your local press. Although for the latter where possible we do encourage you to do this for yourself.(
- We have a large cheque available or if you have a more imaginative idea for an interesting or unusual picture even better!
- Our small team attend cheque presentations where possible - but please give us as much notice as possible